Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

It isn't easy...

Going into this whole she-bang, I thought,"This is gonna be great! We will do school work and cuddle and there will be rainbows and gumdrops everyday!" WAKE UP CALL! First day of school photos.
We start everyday with our calendar and number of the day. We usually follow a schedule similar to this: calendar/#of the day Bible Reading Math Science History Art It is a loose and general schedule. When we do science, we don't do history. And we read books together... in my bed. So nice! :)
The truth is... it has been challenging. Not because my children aren't smart. Not because my children aren't well behaved. Not because I am not skilled enough to be effective. It has been challenging because I have watched how God is molding me through this experience. I stumbled upon a blog that was very uplifting for me in my time of need. Confessions of a Homeschooler had a very convicting and comforting table about Super Mom vs. Abiding Mom. I try to be super mom. I try to be super everything. And I nearly break my neck trying to perfect at all of it. God's grace has smacked me right square in the face this week. I am not good enough. I will never be good enough. And best of all, He doesn't call me to be good enough. He just calls me to be His child. I don't have to earn His love. So, to sum up our first few days... I would say that I am learning way more than I am teaching. God is so good to me. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment